Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer's pièce de résistance

If Summer was a painter, the weekend at the Nelson riverhouse would be her Sistine Chapel.  If Summer wrote symphonies, heading down south to the land of the pines with one of my dearest and truest trishiest friends for a weekend of everything that tastes like summer, would be her 5th symphony.  If Summer cooked...okay, you get the idea. But Bobby Flay would be involved in that summer throw down.



The point is, this magical weekend that is made up of true friends, bill’s hotdogs, sailboating, sunset spotting, pamlico river sparkling, fireworks exploding, people loving, golfing off the docking, jumping off the docking, sitting on the docking, serious running, babies swimming, happiness abounding, watermelon dripping, bojangling...it is the embodiment of summer.  The blessings of the Lord abounded to such a degree that I could not keep track. My cup overflowethed and I am silenced with gratitude. Without further verbosity, I shall allow my photos the last words on this subject.  Brace yourselves for a whole summer load of pictures.






































































































And p.s., if you think that was a lot of photos, let me tell you, I was very selective and had a tough time not putting all of my favorites up. Temperance at its' finest...


Also, I am now in the outerbanks of north carolina with my family, about to live out the rest of what summer sweetness is made of. It is the encore of summer's 5th, and it is sure to receive a standing ovation for the perfection of harmonial (not a word? it just became one.) blend of: Family, babies, beaches, apple of your eye pie, attempts at surfing, the healing breath of the ocean playing in my hair, a million stars sparkling as the water sings the earth to sleep, a whole lot of love, mom’s Texas sheet cake, cold brews, outdoor showers...you get the idea.  Expect more photo proof.  Have the happiest, summeriest, loveliest week!  God loves you and I do, too.  

1 comment:

  1. wowzers - there's far too much awesomeness represented in your photo documentation (of what appears to be a star-spangled extravaganza of a weekend at the lake) for me to even conjure up a comment worthy of the post. therefore, i will simply say it looks absolutely wonderful in every way and i'm thrilled you had picture-perfect americana celebration. cheers to life and cheers to the good 'ole u-s-of a.

    ReplyDelete