Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday for Funsies


So here we are, at the real start of the real world weekend.  What a glorious place to be, on the very precipice of weekend blissery.  Yep, you are so totes allowed to make up words on Friday. Because rules fly out the windah on the weekend.  

The weekend morning (for the sake of this post) doesn’t demand Wake up!  It checks its’ ‘tude at the door, and says “wake up if you feel so move-ed, Elisa. Catch a few more winks. In fact, i’ll make nutella crepes for you and serve them to you in bed...”.  And if the morning is saying that to you, that’s when you know you are still asleep and having a fab weekend drizzle (dream in weekend speak).  

What is my weekend gift to you?  Why, a post of friday funsies!  If you still don’t know what friday funsies are after this post is over, there’s really nothing more to be done.  

First of all, we have had a roach situation in my hobbit hole (i live underground and hobbit hole sounds a hoot of a lot more charming than “the dungeon”, so let’s stick with it).  If you ever wondered to yourself: “What does Elisa get the biggest heebie geebies in the world about?”, wonder no further.  It’s roaches and any other things with antennae and exoskeletons and the general tendency to creep the deuce out of me.  

So my roommate has to live with this.  [insert appropriate amounts of sympathy for her]
And she woke up to a note in the bathroom on Tuesday that read as follows:


And that’s the story on how I fell out of the running for roommate of the year.  But really, Tierney has been the roommate of the year all along.  I relinquish any hopes of the runner up as well.  That roach note of unhacking pretty much tipped the scale to the point of no return.  

As I type this, btw, there is aNOTHER roach in one of the last places you want to find one (is there really any place you want to find them except maybe a roach graveyard?): the utensil drawer.  
No, never!
you hope to yourself.  

But you hope in vain. Seriously, this roach has major gaul to park it next to things we use to deliver food to the insides of our bodies.  Sick.

And have I disposed of the little creeper? Nope. I am still whimping out like the boss of whimps.  It is hiding under a spoon, and I ask you: is there anything more willies inducing than looking at a spoon in your utensil drawer and seeing one long antennae poking it’s nasty self out just to taunt you and dare you to make a move--knowing that any move you make will cause scurrying of roach and screaming and running of Elisa and zero accomplishment of anything.  I have been contemplating the most humane way to kill the sucker because I have humane bones that even feel for roaches.  OH THAT NAME.  Could it fit that roachy creature any better if it tried?  

And now I am done with talking about the r-word.  I am hoping T-dizz will bring her little car vacuum in and we can let the hoover send him to the great beyond.  

Having fun yet?  Great. Let’s keep this train rockin’.

Fun fact:  It was National Administrative Assistants day on Wednesday.  Oh America.  Land of the completely made up holidays.  Home of the $4.00 cupcake trend.  Thanks for putting both of those things together for me on Wednesday.  



Did you thank your Admin Assistants Wednesday? No? Sorry, last chance until next year.  Better get to planning that party so you don’t miss out on all the fun again!

Fun, but untrue, fact: I ran for something political! (and changed my last name for political type reasons you non-politics types won't understand) 


Did you vote for me? No? Tsk Tsk Tsk. My platform revolved around froyo machines in work buildings and a national pajamas day. Guess what? I won! People understand what it takes. Since you did not vote for me, your punishment shall fit your crime.  You are now conscripted to “The Committee for Making up Fake Holidays”.  I want one for people with Naturally Curly Hair, and a cupcake flavor to go with it.  So hop to it.  

Fun and very true fact:  God is the Best and His creation shouts it to us from every corner. 








 Put your listening ears on if you haven’t heard them lately.  The leopard print flowers were especially chatty about the Glory of their Creator recently. 


Can you hear them?


Funny and surprisingly true fact:  There are still loyal *NSYNC fans in the world.  

as they (never)(but apparently should) say around here:  Virginia is for *NSYNC lovers
Fun, probably untrue, RAD city fact:  My Momma was the inspiration for the Sunmaid Raisin girl.  
how gorgeous is my Momma? How amazing is her wedding hat veil?  
Secret dream going public:  I want to dress up as Sunmaid girl for Halloween one day.  Like legit dress up.  No paper bonnets or fake grapes.  I want the real deal.  I have hope that this dream will come true. What can I say, I dream big.

Funsy number 843r3: I have friends that totally rock the house.  Winner of the Rad friend moment of the week: Lizzie driving around my hood at 10:30 on Wednedsay night, windahs dizzle (down), moon roof open, One Direction, blarin’, us:
dancin’ and cruisin.  It was a friend moment that dreams are made of.


this girl has got moves you've never seen
I plan to do things like this with my friends well into my 80s.  These are the kinds of plans that I make that I am pretty sure I will stick with even if the other ones don’t pan out...so I have that going for me...which is nice.



Which reminds me of the two raddest bumper stickers I have seen in a looong time.  Saw them Holy Saturday right after I got my new, snazzier than snazz iphone 4:

and now you know that most of my attempts at humor are derivated from things I see and hear on the streets.  Like bumper stickers.

Totally brill.  

And that concludes your dose of Friday Funsies.  I hope your week was filled with negative amounts of roaches and too-many-to-count moments of Joy and Beauty.  Jesus is with you in all of them.  That is the most True and most Beautiful fact of them all.  It just blew all of my other facts out of the water.

He is with us always, even until the end of time.  

How’s that for starting off your weekend?   

now go put your weekend glasses on. It's time to get funky. 



1 comment:

  1. first of all, your detailed description of the roach situation sent chills down my spine. you should have given a reader warning to skip the first 3 paragraphs if roaches give you the heeby jeebies. (i had a pretty gnarly roach experience in my bathroom last year and it took some time to heal after the traumatic event.) moving on, i love everything else about this post. your wit and made-up words can be matched by none. i love your guts and need more E in my life. happy freakin' friday!!!

    ReplyDelete