Thursday, April 25, 2013

tgit kool aid

So here’s what I think.  College brain-washed me into believing that the weekend begins on Thursday.  And here’s what happens when you drink the dregs of that sweet, intoxicating kool aid to the last drop: you believe them forever.  The thing is, college is finite (insert joke about how i was there for almost foreverrr), and then the real world eats you.  But there you are, in the stomach of the real world, still full of the kool aid in your own stomach that tells you come thursday that TGIT!  It’s the weekend, baby. Time to get rad! Pats on the back because you did it again! You made it.  Come have a beer and forget your cares while I whisper sweet weekend nothings in your ear.

But then the real world is like: ummm, besquse me.  I ate you AND your thursday beginning weekends.  So back this weekend train up because it ain’t leaving the station for 24 mo hours.  

So thus it happens that pretty much every thursday I sit at my desk and ponder at least one or two times in the course of the day on how it is unbelievable that I have to come in again tomorrow.

Happy Thursday to all and to all a glorious TGIT.

And happy Feast of St. Mark. That’s what I call a reason to celebrate!  

1 comment:

  1. This post seriously had me laughing OUT LOUD! :D Thank you for bringing a little joy to my life, dear fousin...I really needed that. Love you to bits! xoxoxoxo, shella bella

    ReplyDelete