Tuesday, May 7, 2013

smatterings of things


the Saturday before last I had one of the best nights of my life.  and I am not one to make use of the word combo “best” and “my life” at the drop of the hat.  

Saturday night citttyyyy lights just happen sometimes in dream saturday scenarios

Let’s just say it involved China, an 80s cover band, the busting of some of my top shelf dance moves, and a dream coming very true.   


bathroom selfie is a musty (sorry about the musty...it will probably happen again though)
bubble magic 

roomin it up with the roomster (this is Tierney the grand roommate)

fancy schmancy much? i know. legit is what it was.
Christina and I both had solos on stage AND we got to dance together on stage. 



these moves. 

pay close attention to these photo evidences of a dream coming true.




Does it get better, I ask you?  Only if Lianna and some other of my fave dance partners had been present.  But really, really it was pretty darn close to perfect. Just what the doctor ordered.   One of those God kisses right on the nose. It was rich, rich, rich with joy and freedom.  I gave Heaven a lot of high fives for that night and I will keep right on, because it was a night of nights.  




Thank you SO MUCH, China, for these phenom photos. And the greatest and truest of thank yous goes to Jesus. He gave me those paint brush legs and the empty stage canvas to make a new work of art with my life. He is so good and Faithful and so much more than I can use little human words to describe, so i'll stop trying for now...

I now know what Cinderella must have felt like at 11:59.  I did not want it to end.  What can I say? Only that girls just wanna have fu-un.  


Speaking of which, this past Saturday I went to a bar in Adams Morgan called Madams Organ (seriously brill, I know) to celebrate Danny’s birthday-happy birthday, Danny! 


And two of my friends and I were walking to catch a cab and we saw in the distance a cab being emptied of its’ humans. 
 Not being ones to stroll along when opportunity calls from a short jogging distance, we all started running to snab the cab. And as my mocassined feet sprung joyfully across the shadowy sidewalk of Park road, I suddenly realized that if we were in a movie right now, this is so when “girls just wanna have fun” would have started to play on the soundtrack.  
And I then I spoke this happy thought because truth should be spoken. Especially when it refers to really good life soundtrack moments. Life soundtracks are the jam to my life toast.

By the by, any time that song plays in your life movie soundtrack, savor it.  It can only mean a good moment is underway.  
Plus we had just been jamming yelling to “I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22”, and if that song doesn’t scream GJWHF, I don’t know what does.  

straight up loco like cinco de mayo 




more extremely adorable photo proof that girls 
just want to have fun




My life is blamming around right now.  Unsure of what to do with itself. It be cray.
Prayers welcome as always.  In the mean time there are beautiful people in my life to love, delicious Spring moments to sip on, and Jesus always waiting for us in the Eucharist.  That is why Life, no matter what, is always beautiful and good. If you look for the beauty in your very beautiful life, I promise you will find it. Jesus is there and that's all it takes.

beautiful friend, Ale, eating a beautiful lunch 

this mufkin of my heart

I loved this will-of-a-wisp of a cloud. it is so kiteish and so brave out there on his own in the wild blue yonder

this is right next to my work as in I take breaks to walk in there as in God Loves me

Bubba's beautiful street right before Bubba's beautiful have us over for dinner

I spent the better part of Monday freezing my bum off but having a grand old time driving this golf cart around.  In case you were curious, driving a golf cart is as fun as it was when Dad let me do it illegally back in the good old...so it has that going for it...which is nice...

His Word is a Lamp unto my feet.  There is NO LIMIT to His Love. How bomb does it get???

are they trying to slay me with their cuteness?  Mission: Accomplished, peaches. 

these beautiful sisters finding joy in the midst of the sorrow of losing their beautiful cousin to Heaven

beauty in the cittayyy


green makes me feel so much better about life

more dancing in the midst of sadness.  Life is good and beautiful and they know it.


As my dear friend Lizzie said in the best group text trio ever known to man:  

#God
#what else can I say??? I was going to say He’s the best...but after a point I feel like all you can say is ‘He is’ or just...His name!!!!!


and all I can say is
#truetothedat
#shereallyisasgoodassheseemsbutbetterrrrrr


So go blast your favorite 80s jam, do a little jig in your room, or car, or wherever, and keep your life party rockin’.    


All will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well.   
-Jesus said this to St. Julian of Norwich and it be true.  

can I get an AMEN?


P.S. On the menu for my life soundtrack these days:
Hymnl: I know that my Redeemer Lives (*favorite alert)
Florence and the Machine: Shake it Out (do it. Shake it out to this song. It feels so grand)
Rascall Flatts: Moving On
Simon and Garfunkle: Flowers Never Bend with the Rainfall
Philip Philips: Gone, Gone, Gone
Lizzie Maguire Movie: What dreams are made of (don’t judge. you secretly love it) #sorrynotsorry
And duh: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

If you want to get interactive about this do tell, what’s your life soundtrack playing?

No comments:

Post a Comment