Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pentecost Joy


When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled,
they were all in one place together.
And suddenly there came from the sky
a noise like a strong driving wind,
and it filled the entire house in which they were.
Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire,
which parted and came to rest on each one of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit
and began to speak in different tongues,
as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim.

Now there were devout Jews from every nation under heaven
staying in Jerusalem.
At this sound, they gathered in a large crowd,
but they were confused
because each one heard them speaking in his own language.
They were astounded, and in amazement they asked,
“Are not all these people who are speaking Galileans?
Then how does each of us hear them in his native language?
We are Parthians, Medes, and Elamites,
inhabitants of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia,
Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia,
Egypt and the districts of Libya near Cyrene,
as well as travelers from Rome,
both Jews and converts to Judaism, Cretans and Arabs,
yet we hear them speaking in our own tongues
of the mighty acts of God.”
Acts 2:1-11

Today has been completely amazing.  For starters, I prayed a Pentecost Novena with the intention that I would get a new job and a way out of my current job.  I hoped it would be answered by the end of the Novena.  



Today, I got a job.  A job that I wanted.  A job that will be fulfilling because I am serving the Church in a very direct way.  A job that encourages daily Mass attendance.  Heaven, I tell you.  



Novenas are not magical solutions to prayer intentions.  They are a way to redirect your will and intentions towards God.  To ask for something specific, but to pray always along with your intention that His will, not ours, would be done.  It is such a gift that my desires and will were completely aligned with His in this prayer. A rare and very very very appreciated treat.



Furthermore, I am astounded by God’s generosity in allowing the Body of Christ to participate and share in this joy in such a visible way.  This miracle, I would call it.  So so so so many people prayed for this, offered up Mass and rosaries for this, encouraged me in this, loved me in this.  And thus, this is a victory for all of us.  Our Lord invited them into this, and let them be a part of the Joy that resulted from it.  He does this in all things if we just pay attention.  Any triumph for our friends and families lives is a triumph for us.  Because we love them, pray for them, desire God’s best for them.  When it happens, we rejoice. It His gift to not just one, but to many. God is so much more than we give Him credit for. He is so much bigger, His plans so much more beautiful and incredible than we can fathom.  



I mean who could imagine these big-as-your-cranium roses besides God??


or this triple-decker Peony??

We weep when those we love mourn, and we laugh and cheers when those we love celebrate.  We get to be a part of it all because God Loves us and wants us to experience the Beauty and fruits of real love.



Lizzie brought me these amazing Peonies in celebration because she is the absolute bees knees

Lianna drove from Siberia (aka Sterling, VA) to celebrate with me.
I am incredibly touched and feel so loved by this gift.





Today we reveled in that Beauty.  We bathed in that Joy, Love, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Generosity, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Self-Control.  In some way, we all received the outpouring of the Spirit on this glorious Solemnity of Pentecost. The Holy Spirit has been with us so completely, it is mind boggling. But, He is always with us.  Especially when we ask Him to be.  All He is waiting for is to be asked.  

Ask, and you shall receive.  Way more than you bargained for.



trying to get Lianna to do a silly pose picture. 

I have no words to describe how much I love these siblings of mine.  Thank you, Jesus. 

the best we got out of Li 
All I can say is praise God from Whom all Blessings flow.  The Almighty has done Great things for me, and Holy is His name.  
I have experience with blessings in disguise.  They are truly blessings, and our Lord allows everything to work together for the good for all of us.  But I am so so grateful for these undisguised blessings.  Gifts we all recognize instantly and are so ready to celebrate.  I wish I praised God all of the time like I have been today, but I am a work in progress.  Perhaps one day I will praise Him as enthusiastically as I have been today in all circumstances.  


I will keep doing my best and praise Him as much as I can along the way.  And He will do the rest.  

Have a beautiful rest of Pentecost.  Happy Easter for the last time this Easter season!  It has been miraculous.  

Thank you all for your prayers.  I love you all.


My whole life story

1 comment:

  1. love the post and so stinking happy for you and your new job. praise the LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete