Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why My Job Totally Rocks the House: the opening edition

the things that impress me about my new job are as follows:

Anecdote: My first day of work I popped into the Church to say some things to Jesus about life and what not. When I walked out there was a lovely, holy gal by the name of Michelle Balch (who went to my place of college) courting a cup of coffee down the road and she, being her cheeriest of cheerys self, stopped to say hello. She wished me luck on my first day and then handed over a key to her house (she lives directly across the street from my place of business) and said I was welcome to break in with said key any time. Because that is the kind of world I am living in. So points for the new neighbors is the first thing to impress me.  
Bless the Lord, oh my soul is right.


The over 100 year old rectory where my office snuggles up next to the ethereal Marian garden currently home to a little path lined with daisies that bob their friendliest flower heads to the rhythm of love.  

Oh brother do I love this statue.  The sweet, tender, so very motherly embrace is a heart stealer
The Keurig coffee maker and it’s little coffee filled counterparts that let me pick whatever I want and brew it for me in an unreasonably speedy time frame.
Worn out from all that sleeping you just had to wake up from (story of mah life)? Take the dark french roast for a spin in the old veins and see if that doesn't cure what ails you.
Semi-tired? Psh, half-calf that sucker and see if he tries to semi-tired you ever again.  
Not tired (but when would that happen besides at night?) but still want the inside hug from a coffee filled mug decorated with grumpy the dwarf who happens to be empathizing with you in a very real way, scowl and all?  
Don't touch that dial, there is decaf party waiting to get started and you and your grumpy self are invited.  
I feel like a millionairesse (spelled with extra e's to add that extra wealthy zing) with these coffee options.  Honestly, these are the kinds of things that I get excited about. And I am way excited. So just hang onto your hats for part 2 of the Why My Job Totally Rocks the House series.  
The coffee is just the oreo garnish on top of the pile of whip cream adorning the oreo milkshake. Which reminds me...milkshakes! Good stuff eatery! We are nabes now and it feels so right. 


p.s. I have a million pictures and words to post about my fabulous family vacation, but since I just started a new hob, am vacating to my homeland in honor of my cousy Krissy’s wedding this weekend (woohooo major town pumped about this), and will be starting my second week of the hob plus moving next weekend to a new place, I am guessing the vacay post will arrive sometime before Thanksgiving.  But I just couldn’t deprive any of my 3 voracious readers from a good free coffee post.  So there!


Lovey doves.


Please pray for a speedy recovery for my dear friend Romy and for grace and blessings for her family and that she get out of the hospital very soon.

and prayers for my cousin Kristen and her betrothed, Nate, and my friend Mary, and her betrothed Brandon, as they will celebrate the glorious Sacrament of marriage this weekend.  Praised be Jesus Christ!

Cheers!


It's so nice to find a place on 
the east coast that shows a proper 
respect for Shiner.  
Plus this glass was made for me

1 comment:

  1. one of your loyal readers (that's me!) enjoyed this post and is beyond thrilled that you are loving the new job - such a gift from Jesus.

    ReplyDelete